Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ethiopia or India?

About a month ago Eric and I received a phone call from a lady named Lisa who had worked with Childrens Hope when we first started the adoption process. The conversation went like this...

Cheryl: Hello

Lisa: Hi, Cheryl this is Lisa I used to work at Children's Hope International.

Cheryl: (Feeling skeptical)and thinking why is she calling me, surely nothing else is going to go wrong! I said, Yes.

Lisa: She continued to talk about our process and how sorry she was for the frustrating things we have gone through up to this point and wanted us to know she thinks about us and is praying for our process.

Cheryl: Still feeling awkward, yes, its nice she is calling, but why now? We have moved past all of that chaos.

Lisa: I am also contacting you to let you know I have been praying for your family and felt it necessary to contact you about a "baby girl available in India".

Cheryl: Shocked!!!! I said O.K.....not sure what to say

Lisa: She was born pre-maturely so she is automatically considered special needs but I have been told that she is in good health and making good progress. I don't have anymore information then that.

Cheryl: OK! Still completely shocked and speechless...as you can tell I just kept saying OK, OK, OK.

Lisa: I am traveling to India next week and will be able to get medical information, photos and find out how old she is while I'm there. I can tell you are shocked and not sure how to respond, its not Ethiopia. I also want you to know if you feel your child is in Ethiopia thats where I want you to go. I just felt I needed to contact you and let you decide.

Cheryl: I explained how shocked I was and that this was something Eric and I would need to talk about and we would get back to her.

End of Conversation..........

After much thought Eric and I felt that we could not say no but tell her we were open to getting more information. Well today is that day.....Lisa and Becky (our caseworker) are coming tonight to bring us all the information and photos of this baby girl from India. I feel excited, nervous, sick, excited all at the same time. One thing we do feel strongly about is that God knows what child will be best for our family and maybe that means a baby from India or maybe not. I don't know!

My hope and prayer today is that after our meeting tonight we will have a clear answer of how to move forward. Please pray for us this afternoon and we will keep you posted.

6 comments:

Tara said...

What?!! I am a little teary right now...what if this is your baby girl??! I mean, not to get hopes up or anything...but WOW. I will say lots of prayers and ask for guidance and that it is completely clear- what you are supposed to do. CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl - I have been thinking about you guys all day since we talked last night. My prayers are with you!

Oh - and here's that reader link we talked about:
http://www.google.com/reader

Lori Ann said...

Wow CHeryl, I just got goosebumps reading this. I will be in prayer for this new situation. Tis is exciting.
Lori

kelsey Bryanne said...

I am so excited! I have been praying for you all day and will continue to in the next few hours. whichever little girl you adopt, from whatever country, that baby will be so loved and I cant wait to kiss her sweet face!!!
Love you so much!!!
kels

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm so excited to hear how it went tonight! I'll try to call you tomorrow night. :) We'll keep praying, too.

Fenn said...

May Jesus be your guide -- I love you guys!!!! Can't wait to hear the update!!!