Monday, December 3, 2007

She's Ours!!!!!!!



Introducing.....Ava Leigh Aparna, born in New Delhi, India on October 26, 2006. We are soooo happy and overwhelmed with joy!

Our meeting at Childrens Hope went very well on Thursday night as you can tell. Here is a brief of the evening.

We walked in and Lisa (the lady who called us about little Aparna) was all dressed in her Indian attire and jewelry. The room was all set up like we were about to get our referral. Lisa started out by giving us an overview of Aparna's medical history, age and pictures. Our first response with teary eyes was, She is beautiful! Kaylin was with us (I am so thankful) and she said, She is chubby! Waaahoooo!!!!! We love chubby babies. We can always count on her to make us laugh at serious moments. We continued to talk and ask lots of questions about India knowing in our hearts that this was our daughter. The one thing Eric and I have felt strongly about is that God knows what child is best for our family. When we look back at the frustrating and emotional journey we have been on, there is no doubt in our minds that this was God's plan all along. She is meant to be ours! We will now be traveling to India in June or July to bring her home. We can't wait and are already counting the days.

Please keep our little girl in your prayers. We pray that she stays safe and healthy and is being loved on everyday. Thank you to all who share in this journey with us. We feel so blessed and thankful for you everyday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Now I can look at her picture every day! She's so cute, and I'm glad you have made up your mind...like there was any doubt! : ) Congratulations, we're SO excited!!!!

Lori Ann said...

It is nice to have a beautiful face to put with my prayers! I am so excitd for your family Cheryl!
I am also glad that we have had the pleasure to get to know each other better!

Jen said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for your family! I will be praying for Ava as she waits for her mommy and daddy to come get her. Can't wait to meet her!!!

Tara said...

Congrats!!!!! I am so excited right now!! I am a little teary...
She is absolutly precious- those eyes!! We can't wait to meet her one day- her and Malak will have to have a playdate when we come to visit!
Wow wow wow.

Amy B. said...

Oh congratulations. Your sweet baby is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! What an amazing couple of weeks you guys have had, hunh? I couldn't be happier for you. Blessings to you all. Amy

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! And she is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Gina (used-t-be-Frost)

kelsey Bryanne said...

I am so happy to be praying for a face and a name... your little Ava Leigh (a beautiful name)l!!!! I love you and I am so excited for the new little girl I already love so much. I also cant wait to celebrate Christmas with you guys this year. I love you so much!
kels

meredith said...

i found your story on tara's blog, and just had to come check out the family with the pic of the beautiful little girl!!! congratulations, and i will be praying for baby ava and your family.

~Laura~ said...

oh my goodness! She is a doll baby! Absolutely beautiful! I'm so excited for you and your family. Praying for you!

R&H said...

What an amazing story. Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL baby girl! She is precious. I hope you are able to travel very soon to bring her home!
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Congratulations- she is beautiful!

Nikki
http://madebynikki.blogspot.com