Friday, July 25, 2008

Blog Hiatus

I want to apologize for the significant break in blogging. Life as we know it has been turned upside down in the month of July. Don't get me wrong, we have had some fun times and yes, I am still thankful for everyday! However, I am having a difficult time putting my thoughts into words. I plan to continue my "52 weeks of Thankfulness" in August and hopefully be less overwhelmed with life.
We started out July with our church camp out, which is always fun for everyone and the kids play so hard everyday all day long and are very tired at the end of the day, its great! On the 4th we went to a rodeo with some friends and enjoyed getting to see bull riding, barrel racing and the one armed bandit (this was a man with one arm who road a horse with huge buffalo in the ring), it was really cool and scary. They ended the night with a big firework show. We came home to organizing a "huge" garage sale to benefit our adoption expenses. Our church family all donated items so we could have this sale, it was a huge success and we raised $2010.00. WOW!!!!! We were hoping for around $700. I am so thankful for those who helped organize this event. What a blessing it is to have so many who can't wait for our sweet girl to come home. This week the kids started swim lessons and are having a blast, they could live in the water! They both are already swimming by themselves. On Wednesday we headed to the zoo, it was a fun day, the weather was perfect. We have no big plans for the rest of the summer and I am so glad. I am looking forward to just sitting, spending time with my family and friends.

Here are a few pictures of the fun things we have done in the last few weeks, enjoy!
Camping with Dad in the yard


The golfing cowboy!

Is he not the cutest cowboy you have ever seen?!

Kaylin and her new love....glasses!

Crash and Burn = 6 band aids and a very sad boy


Blake enjoying swim lessons


Fun times @ the Oregon Zoo




No comments: