Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Adoption Update


Last week Eric and I went and visited with our agency and our case worker Lisa. We had a great meeting and enjoyed talking with everyone about India and the amazing things we will get to see while traveling there. Unfortunately, we were told we probably wont be traveling until October, YUCK!!! We were very sad, our little girl will almost be 2yrs old. We will be missing those precious months with her and I wish we could just bring her home now! The good news is that Lisa will be traveling to India in February and is taking some special things to Aparna for us. A friend of ours has made a blanket for our kids and has now made one for Aparna so we will send this to her in hopes this will become one of her favorites like it was for Blake and Kaylin. I am also working on a photo album and gathering some books. The very best thing is that we will get many more pictures and Lisa is going to take our video camera to video her while she is there. Priceless!!!!! I am so excited to get some real life action from our little darling, I want to see her personality. :) Although these things are wonderful....I am praying for a miracle that I could travel with Lisa to India next month. Am I dreaming? probably, but I can still pray that somehow I could do that. It seems it would be very difficult to have to leave her but I would love to be able to see her and interact with her at this age...something I would miss out on otherwise.

4 comments:

kelsey Bryanne said...

I love the look of your page now, so cute. also i am praying for you guys and I am especially praying for a much earlier call than october. LOE YOU AND MISS YOU!!

Unknown said...

I hope you get a chance to go visit her next month, Cheryl! If I win Powerball, I'll buy you a first-class ticket! Heck, I'll get them for the whole family!

I'll be praying for an earlier-than-October official adoption date, too.

Jen said...

That would be sooo great if you could go!

Amy said...

Praying travel is sooner rather than later! I had to make my blog private so if you want to email me at amyjo_99@hotmail.com - I can add your email as an approved reader.