Monday, March 3, 2008

Sick Kids and Rejuvenation?

Yep, I'm here to say it can be rejuvenating when your kids are sick.

Well, the last week my kids have been sick and we are on the up and up, I hope. It started out with Kaylin coming down with a fever last Monday night and then I took her to the doctor to find out she had strep throat so she missed 4-days of school. Blake came down with a fever on Thursday night and manages to still run and play during the day and crash every evening with a burning hot fever. I finally went back to work today and had Eric stay with the kids, he took Blake to the doctor and they said he just had a virus. I do have to say this was the most pleasant sick time off I think we have ever had. We were HOME for 4-straight days, that never happens. We had some needed down time that was rejuvenating for all.

What do you do when you are at home with sick kids for so long.....

Watch tons of movies...this was the first few days, we had to go back later in the week for more.

Read a whole lot of your adoption parenting book

Catch up on laundry!

Here is a picture of Kaylin sleeping, this is what she did for several days. You know if she is sleeping all the time something is wrong, our girl doesn't miss a thing!

1 comment:

kelsey Bryanne said...

oh, sweet girl, I am so sad she was sick. tell her I love her!