Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I will come to you...soon!

Last week was extremely busy in the adoption world for us. We were contacted by our agency and told a few of our reference letters needed to be redone because they talked about us adopting from Ethiopia....Whoops! I'm sure the Indian officials were thrilled to read that, but the way I see it, it was part of the journey. So we had to have those re-written, notarized and stamped from the Secretary of State. These had to be in the mail by Friday so they would arrive with the rest of our stuff this week. I guess the courts are closing in India as well and made this quite urgent.

It was a huge relief to know that "All" of our paperwork is now in India, so I was super excited for about 3 hours. Then, I had a conversation with one of our caseworkers and she said this.....Your NOC approval will come soon and then it will be about 9-12 months before you will be traveling to pick up your little girl.!? I was speechless, frustrated etc.... Are you kidding me? We have been told that we would be traveling no later then December and now the earliest would be February.

That is sooooo stinking long, we will have had our referral for over 1 1/2 years before Ava gets to come home. She will be 2.5 years old, no longer a young toddler.
I am just sick and frustrated about the whole thing...:(

We are on our knees daily praying for a miracle!!!! I just want our little girl to be home. Will you pray with us????


"...and I pray that now at last in God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you." Romans 1:10

5 comments:

kelsey Bryanne said...

of course i will pray...HARD, as I have been for months for you to get your sweet little Ava home. I love you guys!

Amy said...

I pray for a breakthrough in the court system in general! Too many children are waiting to come home to their forever families! Praying for a miracle for little Ava and peace for your family during the journey!

Kristi W. said...

Cheryl - thanks for your comment on my blog. I've been following yours too from Amy's links! :) I am shocked to hear they are telling you that you'll have to wait that long after NOC!!! Usually it's only another 4-6 months. Are the courts in Delhi taking longer than other areas of India? Hang in there, if you want to e-mail and vent, feel free! I'm at kristiwerre@yahoo.com

Kristi Werre

Jen said...

How horrible! I will definitely be praying!

Unknown said...

Oh, man, that STINKS! I'll be praying that something will happen to speed things up A LOT. And I'll pray for God to give you and Ava peace while you wait to be together.