Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My sweet boy turns "5"


We had Blake's 5'th Birthday Party on Saturday. The weather was not as cooperative as I hoped but, the kids managed to have a fun time anyway. Blake chose to have a Star Wars party which was fairly easy to come up with games etc... We started off dressing the kids in Jedi outfits(thank you Stephanie, she made them for me!) and light sabers. Kaylin held a Jedi training session so the kids would be prepared to defeat Darth Vader. Yes, my husband made a surprise visit in a Vader costume (he looked pretty hot!)the kids had to use the force to open our garage and then amidst a small amount of smoke Darth Vader appeared. SOOOO FUN! A few kids were not so sure about the costume but eventually warmed up to the beating of Darth with light sabers. We had Wookie Water for drinks (apple juice), Vader Veggies and Pretzel Sabers.

I think the party was a hit, I only do BIG parties for the 1st, 5th, and so on. We have so many family members close by it is to hard to do KID and Family parties every year and I personally don't want to have multiple parties. The 5'th Birthday was a success!

Blake had so much FUN!!!!!!


2 comments:

Tara said...

That looks like the best party ever!!
Ugh! I just read the last post about the delays! What the??? That is unreal and I SO feel your pain. I will be praying for miracle. Seriously.

Jen said...

Well done. You make me proud.