Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day


It was such a joy to be with my husband and kids today as they always make this an extra special day. I was awaken by Kaylin bringing breakfast to my bedside (toast and milk), followed by a beautiful card she had used watercolors to paint a flower on. Blake had made hand prints with a sweet poem, he was so excited to give this to me. My lovely husband surprised me with yard lighting and a climbing flower for my trellis.

I also found myself thinking of Ava's birth mom today. Wondering? What does she think of Mother's Day? Does she feel sadness or wonder how Ava is doing or where she is? I'm sure she does and I can't help but pray for her often. What an amazing gift she has given our family and I pray she is surrounded by people who love her.

1 comment:

kelsey Bryanne said...

thats a very sweet and thoughtful post cheryl. I love you and your special, caring heart! And I LOVE that picture!
kels