Friday, June 6, 2008

"52 Weeks of Thankfulness"

Eric and I were listening to the radio the other day and John Tesh came on. I enjoy listening to his bits of what seems to me as "commen sense", but great reminders of simple ways to remember the daily blessings in your life. He talked about keeping a weekly journal of the things you are thankful for and how focusing on those positive entries can override many of the negative and stressful moments that each day brings. So, I am going to do this on my blog because keeping up with a journal and a blog would not be simple it would just be more chaos. Simple is better, right? I am working everyday to make this way a part of my life. I will hopefully have a complete weekly journal of the things I am thankful for by next year. I am so excited to have this and be able to reflect on the many ways God continues to bless our lives.

Week 1: My husband Eric

This week is all about my main man Eric. Eric is the love of my life. When we were in high school we had a class called Christian Family together. Our main project for the class was to research/interview all different families and then come together and give presentations on what we found, what we liked and what we wanted for our own life. The day Eric gave his presentation I told myself I want to marry that man. We had a very similar background, we came from broken families but desperately wanted something different. I kept my thoughts to myself and gave my presentation a few days later. Several days went by and Eric handed me a card with a very long letter in it. I was shocked when I read this letter...he had written all about how much he loved my presentation, about our similar goals and wanted to persue a relationship and see where things went. We started dating very slowly and were married three years later. It has now been 11years since our wedding day and I just love and adore this hunka hunka manly love.

Eric is such a hard worker. He is very loyal to his family, friends and employer. He loves to be with his kids. He loves to play! You often find him on the floor playing pirates, being a jungle gym, drawing or coloring pictures, playing games, reading outside kicking a soccer ball, swinging a bat or light sabering. He is a FUN dad and my kids love him so much.

One of my favorite things about Eric is how he loves me. He tells me he loves me several times every day and hugs and kisses me constantly. I love that! Most importantly, he is my best friend. I love when the kids are in bed the TV is off and we sit and talk about everything, for hours. I love that I can call him at anytime and he will stop and listen. I love that my husband sings constantly and has taught my daughter to do the same.

He is a wonderful husband and I am so thankful he chose me to be his wife.
I love you Eric!!!!

2 comments:

kelsey Bryanne said...

I love hearing your words! it makes me so thankful and happy to have both of you and your kiddos in my life. It makes me miss you all the more. I cant wait to see you in about a month. i love you!!!
kels

Amy said...

What a sweet post about your hubbie! Thank you for all of the prayers too!