Sunday, June 15, 2008

"52 Weeks of Thankfulness"


Week 2: My daughter Kaylin
This last week I was faced with the reality that my daughter is growing up way too quickly. I know it's not like it happend overnight, but it has brought me to tears so many times and I find myself thanking God over and over for the gift of her.

I am taught each day by her example of faith, trust, laughter, her zest for life, energy and honesty. She always amazes me with her love for God. We have many conversations about faith and what it means to live that out. She loves our church community. She loves worship! One of my favorite times is when she is showering and worshiping God as loud as she can the whole time (this is like her daddy), I know God must be smiling at the sound of her voice. She also has a very energetic, sassy side that is so playful and fun but can also get her in trouble. She is always making us laugh! She has a glowing smile that radiates her love for people and relationships. She is often performing (dancing and singing) her way through life. She is smart...sometimes a little to smart for her own good. Kaylin has developed a huge heart for those less fortunate then her. She volunteered the last half of the school year in a special needs class at her school and loved the kids so much, I never even knew until the last week of school, this mom was so proud. She has prayed faithfully for Ava and other kids in the orphanages and is brought to tears quite often, by carrying the burden of how they live, in her heart.

This girl is such a delight to have in our family! I am so thankful God chose us to parent her (most days, hehehe). I love you Kaylin and am so proud of who you are becoming. You make us smile!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a great post about your daughter. She is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, This writing you did on Kaylin brought me to tears and she is so lucky to have a mom as wonderful as you. Ava is going to be so blessed to have you as a Mom and Kaylin and blake as siblings and Eric as a Dad. She has no idea what precious gifts lie ahead for her. You all are just amazing and your love for God is just truely awesome. You all are a stand up family.

Erica said...

I think our girls would be fast friends. Kaylin is beautiful and she sounds alot like my oldest daughter. :)