Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Adia!

Adia leigh . . . how often my thoughts are of you. I wonder what you are doing today, on your birthday ... if there is someone to hold you and comfort you ... to make you smile and laugh. How I long to be with you. It seems we've labored for so long now, to bring you home. People we will never even meet have joined us in this journey of bringing you home. There are times I think I can't do any more ... but each time I think of you and know you are counting on us to keep going. Joy fills our hearts to know you'll be part of our family very soon. Our hearts also grieve over all you've lost already. I pray your birthmom is comforted today as she reflects on that very important and selfless decision she made. I am forever greatful to her. I cannot give you back that which has been lost ... but I promise you that with the Lord's help we will share everything that is within us with you for a lifetime.

For now we wait. We wait with great expectation that you are being cared for and loved by the Ayas and your Heavelny Father. Some day, my child ... they will call us and we will prepare to travel to your homeland and welcome you into our arms. So many details we must trust the Lord for on this journey. Your life is a gift and one in which we treasure and embrace. How we long to see you face to face.

We had a birthday celebration on Monday in your honor. A few of our closest friends came to share your special day. We had an Indian dinner, music, cheese cake and sang happy birthday. You were even given a few gifts! Your dad and I are continually blessed by our friendships and the people who love and care for you so much.



3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Ava! You are very loved!! I pray you are in your mommy's arms soon!

Amanda Rae said...

oh man, that is so sweet and makes me want to cry. i am praying for you guys as you continue on this journey and i pray to God that soon and very soon you will be united with your sweet little one!! hugs to you all!

Jen said...

That's the sweetest thing ever! Happy Birthday Ava