Friday, January 16, 2009

Every little bit helps!

We received a call this afternoon from Lisa who had traveled to India in December. It was a surprise and I was so excited to hear her voice. I love her!

Adia is not as naughty as the last letter made her out to be. Lisa spent quite a bit of time with Adia while in India and had a much different way of describing her. Lisa says she is very sweet, outgoing and loves to be around people. She doesn't know a stranger and loves to cuddle. I am really excited!!!! I can't wait to get my arms around her. She also said we need to be ready to travel soon, it won't be long. The courts are moving very quickly and she expected us to travel before the end of February. YAAAAAYYYYY! She has a video we should get next week along with our long awaited medical report. She said she is still on a bottle(bummer)so I guess I'll need to buy some of those. Do I take formula with us? What does she drink? She is wearing braces on both legs all day, this is how they are treating her bowleggedness. She is speaking in one word phrases but no sentences. Everything is good, good, good! I am overjoyed with this update and am getting sooooooo excited to travel.

One other thing: she gave us information about a place to stay. It is a bible camp that has really nice rooms and facility. They charge only $50/night and that includes breakfast every morning. Each room has a bedroom/bath and living space. They have a big grassy area out front for the kids to play. It also has internet! This sounds perfect for our family and you can't beat the price. The family that runs it is really excited to start renting it out to families adopting.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Great news!!! Prayers for the courts to move quickly.

Will you post more about the Bible Camp? I'd love to know more.

Amy said...

She sounds like she is doing great! I am so glad you got another update. Can't wait to see the news of your travel dates!! Woohoo!

Unknown said...

That's great!
Is it weird that she looks like she could be a Klobas? =)

Julie & Patrick said...

So glad that you finally got some news. By the sounds of it, you also got some encouraging information that I know you were longing for. Traveling in just a few weeks sounds wonderful and finally you will have your Aida home forever.

Yay, hooray!!

Julie R

Adoption Blog said...

This is very good news!

A word of wisdom...I wish someone told me before we picked Bhavishya up...a lot of Indian kids suffer from being lactose intollerent...bring some soya formula just in case...we did not know and on top of having drunk some contaminated water the day she left the orphanage and contracted Hepatitis A she was getting horrible diarrhea from the lactose.

All the best

Saskia