Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2009!

Well, it's a new year and the Klobas' are welcoming it with open hearts and minds. The 2008 year was a very difficult year in our family for many reasons and I have HOPE for 2009.

We are thrilled to bring our daughter home from India and are waiting for a call any day. We received a letter from our orphanage that is hysterical(see below) with some updated pictures. Adia's weight is about 17lbs and she is 2 1/2 feet tall. How does that compare to others kids who are home? It seems so little, which I am excited about!

We are praying everyday for all of you who are so close to referrals, guardianship and travel. What a blessing it will be to share these steps with all of you! I appreciate this blogging community soooo much and am thankful for the glimpses of HOPE shared everyday.

Blessings to all of you as we enter 2009!

Letter from India:
Aparna is a very sweet girl with a naughty smile with fair Complexion. Her face is oval. She weighs 8kgs and she is 78 cms tall. Aparna is a very naughty Child who loves moving here and there. She loves playing with elder children. She is really fond of different types of toys. She is a carefree child who only panics when she feels Hungary, otherwise she keeps herself busy with one or the other thing. She loves eating everything sweet. She does not make faces while eating. Aparna is very naughty she does not let other kids play. She finds spoiling their play itself is play. She has a naughty grin on her face after doing all the mischief.
The End!

Are you laughing or frightened for me? I think we are going to have our hands full!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Happy New Year lady!!! I love the new name - so pretty! She sounds like she is doing well - so tiny too! That update cracks me up!

Hoping you get that call any day now!

Julie & Patrick said...

I've been watching your blog...waiting for an update about your long awaited travel. One of our letters about our Devi described her as "naughty" too and she is quite a firecracker...I guess that means you better get ready :)

So excited for you and hoping that phone call comes soon! Can't wait to hear news that your family is joined forever.

Julie R

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

My... does she sound devilish!!! :) Love to see that she is doing well with her Ayahs but welcome the news that you finally get to bring her home!!

God bless!

Kristi W. said...

I love that! Your baby girl is fiesty!!! That's a good quality to have, especially in an orphanage. I can't wait to see how she does with her new brother and sister. When is that call going to come? Have they given you any kind of indication of when you might expect to pass court? I really hope and pray that it is now, or yesterday... ;)

Kristi

Pam said...

Oh my! At least they warned you! I had no warning with Micah. Both pictures we had before we went to India showed this sad faced little boy. Ha! He laughed when they put him in my arms. I had this feeling that life as i knew it was going to be over....boy were we in for it! What a ride! Can't wait for you to be holding your own Indian Spitfire! Sleep now while you can! ;)

Peter and Nancy said...

I love that letter! What a riot it will be to read it to her in the future. I think it is definitely more interesting having kids with lots of opinions about life . . . and she will hold her own with her older siblings for sure! She is such a cutie -- I sure hope you get that phone call soon.
-- Nancy

Maty said...

I am writting from Spain. we are waiting our Daugther Godhavari from Delhi too. We entered court in November and hope to travel in April or May.
I am really happy you will meet your girl soon after such a long wait.
Please keep in touch.