Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Better Days!"

Happy March! Life is looking up for March and we are so excited to enter this next phase of life. To be honest, life the last year has been the most challenging ever in our 11.5 years of marriage. I have felt completely exhausted and overwhelmed for several months. We have had the stress of our adoption, money, jobs, death, friends and some very difficult situations at church. I have questioned a lot and am learning to live more and more in the gray of life. I have asked over and over "Why now, I want to be happy as I go through this adoption etc." The hurt,pain and stress just kept on coming. Some days it felt like it would never end but now I am thankful for what I have learned this last year and am soooo HOPEFUL for "Better Days"! Sorry to be so negative but this has been real life @ the Klobas' and I want to be transparent. Life is not always "rosy" during the adoption process.

Last year I have felt like this:


Since Guardianship has been issued:


Last Friday as Eric and I were getting ready to leave town our caseworker called. I knew as soon as I saw her cell# it was "THE CALL" for guardianship. What a perfect way for us to end a good week and to start a weekend away with my sweet husband. When I look back at the last several months I am thankful it came when it did. We were both in a good place and able to celebrate the way we should. Hello, we are going to bring our baby girl home!!!!! We do not know when we will leave yet but are packing and trying to get everything ready. I can't believe this is really going to happen. PRAISE GOD FOR HE IS FAITHFUL!!!!

The weekend before last we went with the KIKS group(4th-6th graders)from church up to Mt. Hood innertubing. Eric and I had a lot of fun with Kaylin and her friends.












I have to say that I feel TONS better just since we got our phone call. I am excited for Spring and all that means for our new family of 5. I pray daily for those of you still waiting to hear news and hope that we can all look back and say "Yes, God had perfect timing!"

3 comments:

Robby and Lynsey said...

We are PRAISING with you!!! I can't tell you how HAPPY I am for your sweet family. Love the pictures, too. Especially you on the tube and the second one of Kaylin - it is especially cute. :)

Becky said...

Congratulations on guardianship!! Very soon you will see your sweet baby girl!

Amy said...

I am so glad that you are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Adoption is hard in and of itself but then to add other trying situations - whew! I know that this will be a time for you to look back on in a few years and see the amazing grace of God. I can't wait to see baby girl in your arms :)