Thursday, March 26, 2009

God's Faithfulness!

Happy Spring Break to our family this week. It came at a perfect time and has been a wonderful week. God's goodness has shown itself in so many ways and I am thankful!

We have had a NO TV week at our house which has been really great for the kids. They play so much better together when the TUBE goes away. I have been sewing the last few days to make duvet covers and curtains for Blake and Adia's room. This has been so much fun and I was able to spend extra time with friends and their sewing machines. Here is a sample of the fabric I am using for their bedrooms...I love it!

This is for Blake

Adia's bedding


Last night we were blessed "once again" by our amazing church community. We were asked by a family friend (teen) at our church if she could do a benefit dinner for her senior project at school. We of course agreed and she was so thrilled to help raise money for our adoption. We had no idea what to expect and really I just thought it would be a normal Wednesday night dinner at our church. We were in for a real treat! Bailey and her family had decorated beautifully and made the evening so special with every detail. I cried as soon as we walked in to the auditorium. Our dinner last night raised $1123.00 towards our adoption. WOW!!! When we started the adoption process we had a tiny bit of money in savings and had no idea of how we would pay for it. In the begining, we never felt stressed about the money part and felt God was leading us in the direction of adoption and he would provide every step of the way. Through tons of little side jobs, family and our church community we have been blessed. Our church has raised $8100.00 towards our adoption through different fundraisers. We are continually overwhelmed by God's faithfulness to this process. It brings me to tears just typing this...we are forever THANKFUL!









Guess who's flying in today? My dear friend Stephanie! I can't wait to see you and spend just a few hours with you. I don't think I blogged about our best friends and neighbors that moved January 1st. Well they did and that was part of our deep sadness. We had lived next door to each other for 7.5 years and shared everything in life together. We are dealing with it much better now but we still have a few times a week when we get really sad and miss their precious family.

Adoption Update:
We don't have a whole lot to report. We had a slight problem with some paperwork that had to be updated and we were issued guardianship before that was done. So, now we legally have a child that we cannot bring home. What we were asked to do was sign over guardianship back to the orphanage, let our updated papers process how they were supposed to and wait for a new guardianship court date. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! Our agency said NO WAY!!!! also. So Lisa our caseworker is filing an appeal that will take about 1-2 months to process but will go through. I guess the man she is working with has done this for a few other agencies and it has gone through just fine, it just takes time. She is hopeful that we will travel the beginning of May. Not what we were hoping or planning but I am at peace with the situation. I know there is nothing I can do but pray the appeal will go quickly and we might get surprised and travel earlier. Please pray with us! Lisa is in India this week and loving on Adia and I can't wait to get more pictures and video. I will share as soon as I get my hands on them.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love, love, love the bedding! I wish I could sew :(

The adoption fundraiser was awesome - what a blessing to your family!

I really pray you get to be with Adia soon!

Have fun with your friend!

Julie & Patrick said...

Wow...sounds like you are inching toward that wonderful day when your family is joined by one more member. Love the bedding and the other fund raising activities sound great.

Hope that your good news comes soon!

Julie R

Fenwick 5 said...

Well I am new to your blog. First let me say you have a beautiful family. I really like the bedding you chose and I hope u get your little girl soon. We are also adopting from India. Gidget

kelsey Bryanne said...

Ok first off, LOVE the bedding. second, Im so proud of my little sis. and lastly, WHAT, Steph is there?! I am so jealous I just missed her. Well, great post update, love it, and love you!
kels
P.S. kiss all your babies for me!