Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good News from India!!

I had an India program update in my e-mail this morning with great news. First of all I am so excited to get this update, we have never gotten anything like this from our agency and it makes you feel so much more connected. I am glad they are going to be doing this frequently. I think it will make everyone happier. Secondly, one of our program directors is in India right now taking pictures and video for everyone. What a great Christmas gift! Thirdly, the best part.....

For our families with children in Delhi, here is some good news! There had been quite a delay in the Delhi Courts wherein the Judge was not passing cases. This was occurring throughout all of Delhi so all of the orphanage directors got together and went to the High Courts to request that the Judge of the High Courts order the Judge of the Delhi Courts to begin passing cases. The outcome of this effort was great! On November 19th, we were informed that they hired 9 Judges to work in all the different counties of Delhi. Each of the Judges were further told to pass these cases within 4-6 weeks. There are about 600 pending cases, however, one of our cases has already passed! We expect to hear great news soon for our Delhi families!

I am thrilled with this news! I know things can always change, but this is the best news I have heard in a long time so I am going with it. :) I am starting to panic a little thinking of everything that I keep putting off because it seems like it will never transpire. I better get busy! Please continue to pray for all the 600 cases to be passed in the next few months. We appreciate all of you so much for your thoughts, prayers and constant love. We are going to have a baby soon! Yahoo!!!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I am SO glad you got this news. I really pray that these judges start placing a priority on these cases. 600! That is ridiculous!!!

Kristi W. said...

Oh that is the best news!!! I bet you must feel such relief to know that there has been a breakthrough and babies are coming home!!! Namely your baby! Come on Ava, it's about time. :) I really hope that your case gets put through quickly and that you'll be planning your travel!! Can't wait to see that beautiful girl in your arms.

Becky said...

Hi! I found your blog through Kristi. I am using the same agency as you are and I was sooooo excited to get the same update! I'm like you, though.....I keep putting things off because I was told it was probably at least a year until I got to bring my little boy home. That update sure put a little jump in my step to get me going and getting the essential stuff complete as hopefully he will be home sooner than a year from now! I keep following your progress and just wanted to say "hi"!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh! Praise the Lord! what exciting news!!! We are rejoicing with some you guys!!

Random side note: Malak is wearing his super cool outfit that you got him for his shower today! :)

Amanda Rae said...

yeah!!! Thank God and for the answer to prayers!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet her. I will pray for things to progress!!

Julie & Patrick said...

After receiving the India update, I was hoping to see a blog entry from you. I was truly hoping that yours was the family that had received approval. I'm sure it is coming soon...in the next 4-6 weeks by the news in the update!!

Very cool news!!
Julie R

Lori Ann said...

Hurray! I am so glad to hear this. I will keep praying for everyone involved.