Monday, June 15, 2009

So in love...





with our girl. Adia is a doll and we had such a great time meeting her this morning. She was very shy when we first came in to see her. She was eating lunch and when Eric and I knelt down beside her she just got up and left. It was funny! We just sat on the floor while all the kids were playing and tried to include her as much as possible. We had brought a few books (she loves to read) so she slowly was warming up and we would look at books with her. She is VERY busy! Did not stop moving the whole time we were with her. She is also very smart. She did not speak the whole time we were with her but hopefully as she gets more comfortable that will come. By the end of our visit we even got a few smiles. She hugged me goodbye and shook Eric's hand...so cute! The kids at SOS Childrens village are all wonderful. We loved playing with the older kids too. The girls loved me taking pictures of them and then looking at my camera after so they could see. They would giggle forever about the same picture. V-jay the orphanage director is fabulous!!!! We really enjoyed our day with her and her daughter. They treated us to wonderful chinese food and it was so fun to sit, chat and share stories. This evening we are going to go and do some shopping at a local market. Tomorrow is our Embassy Day and we have to be at the orphanage to pick up Adia at 9:00. I am praying everything will go smoothly, we'll see! We are really enjoying our time in India and I feel like we all have adjusted pretty well. The driving is still scary but we are already used to it.

Kaylin and Blake we are going to try and call you tonight. We miss you guys so much and talk about you everyday. You are going to be so in love with your sister. She is so funny and very tiny. Oh, ya! we put on the white beaded slippers(from Amelia) for her at the orphanage and she would not take them off, she loved them and wanted to take her nap in them...So Cute!

16 comments:

kelsey Bryanne said...

I am crying tears of joy!!!!! I love you

Peter and Nancy said...

Congratulations on this milestone day -- finally seeing and touching your daughter! Beautiful.

I love that you got to visit her before the day you leave from the orphanage with her -- I'm sure it will help her feel safer with you. God bless you as you visit the embassy and prepare to take your girl home!

-- Nancy (Anya Rashi's mama)

Julie & Patrick said...

Wow...it is hard to believe that you are there!!! and have been united with your daughter!!!

I hope that your embassy experience is a good one and you continue to enjoy your time in India.

Julie R

Amy said...

Yay!!! I saw your FB pics - she is adorable and looks so great in your arms. I really think visiting her the first day will help. I think that would be really hard (and I am sure it is) but it will be worth it for her to feel comfortable. I am so happy for you! Praying you have a smooth Embassy day!

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Finally!!!!! Congrats! I'm going to FB to check out your pics!! Prayers for a smooth Embassy day.

Fenn said...

Woohoooooooo!! I am so happy for you guys! Praying for a smooth Embassy day!!!! Yay Yay!!!!

Erica said...

SO happy to see you with your daughter!!! AMAZING!

Fenwick 5 said...

Happy for you all and it is great for her to be with her forever family:) That is a great thing that you got to visit with her before taking her from the orphanage!!Congrats and have a great and safe trip!! Blessings,Gidget

Kristi W. said...

Oh my!!! Adia is just gorgeous and I'm so excited for you guys!!!! What a blessing that you are there and she is yours after all the waiting!!! Yay! Can't wait to hear more as you spend more time with her.

:)Kristi W.

Becky said...

So exciting! She is so adorable about the shoes!!!! I have heard nothing but great things about SOS, so I am pleased to hear that you are happy with them also. I'll keep stalking your blog for updates and pictures!! I hope tomorrow goes smoothly!

Christy said...

I was so shocked and so happy to see that you already met Adia and are spending time with her! It sounds like it went so well...I'm so glad! I can't wait to hear more stories of your time with her as she gets to know you more. It sounds like things are going really well so far...I'm so thrilled!!! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures! We're thinking of you every day!!!!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

These details are so sweet - thank you so much for sharing them with all of us! Can't wait to hear/read more. Lots of love...

Stephanie said...

We are so happy for you guys and are so thankful that you finally get to hold her after all these long months. We love you guys!!!

Tisra said...

Lovely! Truly perfect!

Tisra
waiting for guardianship
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Mmmmmm... Sweet loving goodness. :) I am so deeply happy for your family. Can't wait to meet her.

The Pfeiffer Family said...

YAY! So happy to see pictures of your daughter finally in your arms. Hope the rest of the trip goes well. The wait is finally over and she is yours forever.

April :-)